Why Play SuperBetter?
SuperBetter has helped nearly half a million people so far achieve personal growth and tackle real-life challenges. Here are reasons people around the world are using SuperBetter:
- To adopt a new habit, develop a talent, learn or improve a skill, strengthen a relationship, make a physical or athletic breakthrough, complete a meaningful project, or pursue a lifelong dream.
- To beat depression, overcome anxiety, cope with chronic illness or chronic pain, heal from physical injury, or recover from post-traumatic stress.
- To overcome a life challenge like finding a new job, surviving divorce, dealing with a career or school setback, or grieving the loss of a loved one.
- To help others: therapists recommend SuperBetter to their patients; university professors incorporate SuperBetter into their student’s coursework; life coaches refer their clients; and HR professionals design SuperBetter into their employee wellness incentive programs.
“At the heart of SUPERBETTER is a simple and potentially transformative idea: We can use the same psychological strengths we display when we play games to confront real-life challenges, whether it’s illneses, injury, or just changing our habits for...”
SuperBetter is living gamefully
SuperBetter is a gameful way of living to be Stronger for life. Living gamefully means bringing the same psychological strengths you naturally display when you play games – such as optimism, creativity, courage, and determination – to your real life. It means having the courage and openness to try out different strategies to discover what works best. It means collaborating with allies, and building up the resilience to tackle tougher and tougher challenges with greater and greater success.
Powered by the science of games, positive psychology and behavior change.
SuperBetter is validated in two clinical studies.
- A randomized controlled study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania found that playing SuperBetter for 30 days significantly reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety, and increases optimism, social support, and player’s belief in their own ability to succeed and achieve their goals. They also found that SuperBetter users were significantly happier and more satisfied with their lives.
- A clinical trial funded by the National Institutes of Health and conducted at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital found that using SuperBetter improves mood, decreases anxiety and suffering, and strengthens family relationships during rehabilitation and recovery.
The SuperBetter Toolkit
The SuperBetter website and apps are your everyday coach for gameful living. They will guide you to identify your Epic Win, create your Secret Identity, recruit Allies, and choose pre-loaded experiences (PowerPacks) or create your own adventures. Each day, your coach reminds you complete your Quests, activate PowerUps, and battle Bad Guys to increase your resilience scores – mental, emotional, social & physical.
At the core of SuperBetter is a powerful community united by the belief that each of us has the ability to unleash our heroic potential, and that together we can make the world better. SuperBetter has a lively and supportive Forum, and the community connects on social media with the hashtag #SuperBetter.
We share news & updates via our blog, newsletters, Facebook and Twitter.
For those who want to go deeper, SuperBetter is a book.
Jane McGonigal's SuperBetter TED Talk has been viewed more than 5 million times. Sharing it is a great way to introduce others to SuperBetter.
SuperBetter – The Company
At SuperBetter, we are dedicated to empowering individuals and communities to live epic lives that are full of joy and challenge; and powered by strong social relationships, positive emotions and purpose.
SuperBetter, LLC is a digital health company headquartered in Chicago. We are so passionate about its potential to positively & profoundly impact the world that we acquired SuperBetter in 2015. Jane McGonigal is our Chief Science Officer. Social entrepreneur, Keith Wakeman is our CEO.
We are now working to lead our amazing community to unlock the full potential of SuperBetter. Will you join us? Start living gamefully today.